This blog is created FOR and BY female artists and creators around the world.

Monday, January 5, 2015

Interview With Color Pencil Artist - Barbie Spitzmüller


Hungarian artist Barbie Spitzmüller
1. Tell us a bit about yourself – who are you, where are you from?
Hi I'm Barbie Spitzmüller, an artist from Hungary
I love to draw realistic pics, I want to become better and better. This year I'd like to start tattooing, hoping I'll be good at it.


"This year I'd like to start tattooing..."


2. What got you interested in color pencils? Have you taken any art classes?
I always used colored pencils, easy to use and you can make great drawings with them. 
I never studied art in school, I just drew at home and had fun. I can't draw when there are many people around me and there is noise - everything gets disturbing. It's much better to draw at home, you can stop if you are tired or whatever. 

3. You have a plane ticket to go anywhere in the world to paint - where will you go?
Well my dream is America, to live there but also to continue my art and also tattooing. 
So I'd like to go to Florida, or somewhere else but it'd have to be a hot place because I hate the cold! 

"I'd like to go to Florida..."

4. What are the tool that you just cannot live without?
It's hard to draw what I like beside school, it's sad but true, I couldn't live without my pencils and every other tool I got over the years. 
5. Where/How do you gather inspiration for your works?
Most of the times I see good pictures on the Internet, and I just want to draw them. I have a lot of pictures saved on my computer. 
6. Do you have a favorite artist/s? If yes, what draws you to that person’s work?
I have a lot of favorites: Pixie Cold, Marcello Barenghi and Heather Rooney. 
I like a lot of tattoo artists too, but my favorite is Zsófia Bélteczky, a Hungarian tattoo artist and one day I want a tattoo by her, um... a lot of tattoos. 

"...my favorite is Zsófia Bélteczky, a Hungarian tattoo artist."

7. Ever had a commission that was really memorable or special to you?
I have commissions, but they aren't special, I just draw what people want and it's not a big thing to me. I hope one day people will buy my drawings. 
What I actually like to draw is sweets, animals and some portraits. 

"I hope one day people will buy my drawings."

8. Is there a ritual that gets you "in the zone" for painting/drawing?

No there isn't any, if I have time and energy I draw. I listen to music and that's it, nothing special. 
9. Where else can we find you in Social Medias?
Well I have a Facebook fan-page which I actually use the most. I'm on DeviantArt too and I have a YouTube channel, but I can't edit my videos so I don't really upload tutorials:

Instagram: @BARBIESPITZMULLER

10. Last and final – this is a great opportunity to share your 3 most special pieces.




No comments:

Post a Comment